Like doing good? Like local music? Have we got a party for you.
The 100% Local is a weekend of great music by local bands to raise money for Northfield Area United Way. It takes place Friday, October 4 and Saturday, October 5 at the Contented Cow, with support from Just Foods Co-op and Southern MN Scene. Music starts at 5:00pm, and goes into the night with a rollicking line up of superb musicians.
We’re auctioning off one-of-a-kind 100% Local experiences, too:
Friday, Oct. 4
Trail Ride for Two with James Gang Leaders Chip DeMann and Jane Moline
- Join the leaders of Northfield’s world-famous James Gang for a private adventure horseback riding for an afternoon along some of Chip and Jane’s favorite trails in the Northfield area. We’ll outfit you with horses and tack if you haven’t got your own. This outing is suitable for riders 12 and older.
The #1 Mug at the Contented Cow . . . with Free Beer for a Year
- How much great beer can you drink in a year? Be the most exclusive member of the Cow’s Mug Club as the master of the #1 Red Wing stoneware mug in this locally famous, limited-edition collection. Every time you visit the Cow, Norman will fill your mug . . . for free. For a year. Oh, what a year you’ll have.
Pizza Party for Eight at Red Barn Farm
- Enjoy four gourmet pizzas of your choice from Red Barn’s brick oven, plus salad, and two bottles of wine – served at a special table set just for you, amidst the bucolic beauty of Red Barn’s rolling 10 acres. It’s a lively picnic atmosphere on Pizza Nights! Bring any additional beverage or treats of your choice.
Saturday, Oct. 5
St. Olaf Christmas Festival Evening for Two
- It’s the most exclusive ticket in town: The renowned St. Olaf Christmas Festival concert featuring the St. Olaf Choir and St. Olaf Orchestra. Start your evening with an elegant dinner at the Ole Store restaurant, then enjoy the first performance of the 2013 Festival, on Thursday December 5.
Luxury Getaway at Hotel Winneshiek
- Nestled in the beautiful bluffs of Decorah Iowa, Hotel Winneshiek is a grand historic boutique hotel just two hours from Northfield. Enjoy colorful shops and art galleries, plus hiking and biking along the Upper Iowa River. Two nights’ lodging and dinner at the chic and casual Albert’s Restaurant.
Just Food’s 100% Local Eats
- Fill your pantry with delicious food from local producers: a share in the Spring Wind Farm CSA for summer 2014. Yum!
Join us for the 100% Local Music Festival – and join Northfield Area United Way to fund great programs that keep Northfield strong!
Friday, October 4
- Alison Rae
- Matt Arthur & the Bratlanders
- 7:30 PM Auction
- The Zillionaires
- Fred the Bear – featuring Ray Coudret
Saturday, October 5th
- Chance Meetings
- Jon Manners
- 7:30 PM Auction
- TV & The Bellerd Yellers
- The Counterfactuals