Together, we keep Northfield strong
When you give to Northfield Area United Way, you help fund local programs in Education, Health, and Basic Needs. It’s local action, shared across a range of non-profit organizations that keep Northfield strong.
100% Local: Your donation stays in the Northfield area.
- Alleviate hunger.
- Stable housing for all.
- Every child prepared to succeed in school, and beyond.
- Good health for all, regardless of income.
- Stabilize families.
- Help in times of crisis.
- Community connectedness.
2013 Grants: $313,000
- Helping People in Crisis: $119,900
- Serving Children & Youth: $96,500
- Promoting Health & Well-Being: $74,500
- Serving People with Disabilities: $22,100
Grants strike a balance between helping those in need today, and investing in the future.
When you give to Northfield Area United Way, you support dozens of local non-profits.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Southern Minnesota
- Community Action Center
- Growing Up Healthy
- Healthy Community Initiative
- HOPE Center
- KickSTART – Tri-City School District
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota
- Northfield Youth Sports Collaborative
- Northfield Union of Youth – The Key
- Northfield Public Schools
- Bridges to Kindergarten
- Hand-in-Hand Preschool
- Omada chemical/mental health services
- Project ABLE
- Project Friendship
- Reaching Our Goals
- Rice County Dispute Resolution Center
- Ruth’s House
- SEMCAC Senior Dining
- Three Rivers Community Action
Northfield Area United Way makes connections — between donors and agencies, between commuters and community, between aid and need. Between neighbors.