Northfield Area United Way and United Way of Faribault are now Rice County Area United Way.
How does the United Way help?
Rice County Area United Way fights for the health, education and financial stability of everyone in our community.
Your donation joins with others to do good across the community, going where the needs are greatest and supporting our nonprofit agency partners as they implement evidence-based solutions to our community’s most pressing problems.
Who benefits when we all do our part to ensure our young people and our neighbors in crisis have the support and opportunities they need? We all do.
Who directly benefits from United Way funding? 1 in 3 area residents:
- Preschoolers receiving a free, age-appropriate book each month from Imagination Library to help them get ready to read and succeed in school.
- Kids from low-income and at-risk families getting the chance for after-school and summer activities and academic enrichment to improve outcomes.
- Youth connecting with caring adults as they face challenges and set new goals.
- Low-income seniors benefiting from meal assistance.
- People of all ages struggling to manage health conditions with limited access to medical and dental care.
- Kids and adults with disabilities whose days are enriched with new activities and outings.
- Families receiving much-needed extra support to get through a tough time like a job loss or a chronic illness.
- Survivors of domestic and sexual violence finding a safe place to call home and the caring support they need to move forward and reclaim their lives.
Rice County Area United Way partner agencies step up in these and many other ways to support people a lot like you in our community. Donations stay local.