Now Hiring: Executive Director
- Manage and direct the activities of the Northfield Area United Way to accomplish established organizational objectives and goals. Spearhead fundraising and grant – making.
- Maintain accountability for the overall operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within polices set by the Board of Directors.
- Must be self-directed and have strong organizational skills and demonstrate innovation and flexibility.
- Professional experience with leadership in business, government, philanthropy or the nonprofit sector.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and persuade, convene, facilitate, and build consensus among diverse individuals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
If interested, please send resume to:
Northfield Area United Way
1651 Jefferson Parkway
Northfield, MN 55057
2013 Report to the Community
Together, we keep Northfield strong
When you give to Northfield Area United Way, you help fund local programs in Education, Health, and Basic Needs. It’s local action, shared across a range of non-profit organizations that keep Northfield strong.
100% Local: Your donation stays in the Northfield area.
- Alleviate hunger.
- Stable housing for all.
- Every child prepared to succeed in school, and beyond.
- Good health for all, regardless of income.
- Stabilize families.
- Help in times of crisis.
- Community connectedness.
2013 Grants: $313,000
- Helping People in Crisis: $119,900
- Serving Children & Youth: $96,500
- Promoting Health & Well-Being: $74,500
- Serving People with Disabilities: $22,100
Grants strike a balance between helping those in need today, and investing in the future.
When you give to Northfield Area United Way, you support dozens of local non-profits.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Southern Minnesota
- Community Action Center
- Growing Up Healthy
- Healthy Community Initiative
- HOPE Center
- KickSTART – Tri-City School District
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota
- Northfield Youth Sports Collaborative
- Northfield Union of Youth – The Key
- Northfield Public Schools
- Bridges to Kindergarten
- Hand-in-Hand Preschool
- Omada chemical/mental health services
- Project ABLE
- Project Friendship
- Reaching Our Goals
- Rice County Dispute Resolution Center
- Ruth’s House
- SEMCAC Senior Dining
- Three Rivers Community Action
Northfield Area United Way makes connections — between donors and agencies, between commuters and community, between aid and need. Between neighbors.